COVID - 19 Update 26/05/2020
We have set out our reopening plan below.
We are working towards a planned reopening day of Monday 1st June for the golf course and golf driving range, it will initially be for members of the course and members of the driving range only, until further notice. We will hopefully have the Footgolf and Crazy Golf open soon, but they will not be open from the 1st June. The shop will reopen on the 15th June, the cafe will remain closed for the foreseeable future.
Current members of the golf driving range and golf course will automatically have their membership extended by the duration of the closure. New members are welcome, details for course membership here and range membership here
When the course reopens we will also be implementing compulsory tee time bookings. You will no longer be able to just turn up and play. This is a way for us to manage safe social distancing on the golf course and abide by the conditions of opening as prescribed by golfs governing bodies.
Strict Covid-19 guidelines must be observed at all times
IMPORTANT Strict Rules and Regulations are in operation for the safety of both customers and staff, to be adhered to by all. A zero tolerance approach is in operation, for anyone not abiding by these rules they may be asked to leave the premises. Please see below the list of rules and regulations:
• 2 Metre Social Distancing Rule (keep 2 metres apart from fellow customers and staff at all times)
• Wash/Sanitise Your Hands (plenty of hand wash stations on site)
• Only visit with members of your household OR with one person from a different household
• Stay Home if anyone in your household is showing any symptoms at all
• Pay on Contactless Card where possible (up to £45 – all cards accepted)
• Maximum 2 People within the shop at any one time observing ‘Social Distancing’
• We’ve installed perspex screens and created new routes to limit contact
Golf Driving Range
• Golf Driving Range is limited strictly to one person per bay with the only exception to this being an Adult supervising a child, no spectators will be allowed.
• Each bay is more than 2m apart so safe to use
• Keep the entrance and aisles clear at all times to allow golfers to pass
• Place your basket in the bin marked 'FOR CLEANING' on your way out
• Rest assured that all balls will be sanitised once collected
• No hire clubs for the range will be available
• A tee time must be booked in advance, either using the members online tee booking site or by phone
• Government stipulations mean you can either golf alone or with members of the same household OR with one person from another household.
• Tee times are restricted to a two-player maximum – do not join up with other groups
• Arrive at the course no more than 15 minutes prior to reserved tee time
• Maintain 2m social distance from other golfers or staff at all times (including at check-in).
• No hire clubs or trolleys will be available
• All rakes & ball washers and rubbish bins removed, keep all rubbish in your golf bag
• Do not touch the flag
• A hole liner is in the cups so balls can be retrieved by handling the ball only.
• Beware of cross contamination. Don’t exchange equipment, food, and drink between players
• Keep to virtual high fives or handshakes only
• Available to pre-book with Andrew Smith PGA 07803 600211
• Individual lessons only. Group sessions are cancelled until the foreseeable future
Our opening times
Weekdays: 9.30am to 8.30pm (last range balls 8pm)
Weekends: 9.30am to 6.00pm (last range balls 5.30pm)
Our aim is to protect both our staff and customers to help prevent the spread of Covid-19.
We look forward to welcoming you back, thank you for your understanding.
York Golf Range
Towthorpe Moor Lane
Phone: 01904 499275
WE ARE TEMPORARILY CLOSED
Planned 1st June Reopening for members only!